Tuesday, October 24, 2006

All Hail to our Old Gold & Black....




Nanny came down on Friday to have Girls' night with Lily-girl and to allow Mommy, Daddy, and the little man head up to my alma mater for what ultimately ended up being a terrible loss by the Boilermakers to the Wisconsin Badgers! Ugh! Unfortunately, Addison awoke early on Saturday and then decided to stay awake the whole trip north. It was so much fun singing "Hail Purdue!" on the way up. After a few iterations, Addison said, "I don't want to go to Old Purdue, I want to go to New Purdue". He is so cute. He just couldn't understand why it was "old". Although a bit muffled, Addison does in fact know the fight song!
The noon game brought a sleepy Baby Boiler who did rather well, but we did have to regulate with a new rule: "If you don't know their name, don't touch them!" We met up with Ma & Pa Leet, Magy, Rick, & Al, Heather, Erin & Clint, and Kim and her parents. It was a beautiful day!

Addison went to his Uncle Jason & Aunt Jenn's house after the game. He was pretty tired and when I told him we were going to leave he first asked if we were coming back and then assured me that he would be happy. I was pretty content and impressed with his maturity until I received a call from Jason saying he'd been screaming for over an hour and just passed out. Oh no!! Jason said the boys were pretty confused. When I asked Addison about it the next morning (when he woke up at 5 a.m. and I had only been asleep a few hours) he said he just wanted me. What can I say...

It was great to see the majority of the Costa Rica gang! GOOD PEOPLE!!! We had lots of fun, irresponsible behavior at Jake's and were so excited that the spinach artichoke dip was out of this world!! I really feel like God has brought these people into our lives for a lifetime :) There are very few people you can always count on having a good time with, completely be yourself with, and know that no matter what they are there for you.

Of course, my getting old moment came when I fell on my knee and knew when I did it that it was going to hurt even worse in the morning. It didn't help that when I got to Jason's, I was trying to be careful of my knee going down the stairs and ended up falling down them! I'm such a clutz!! All is well though - ibuprofen and ice are a beautiful combination!

It was strange not having Lily with us on this trip, but Nanny and Lily had lots of fun. We really do appreciate Nanny for making the long trip so often and by herself to spend time with us. It really does make it easier on Dave and I (and the kids) to do things like this!!

No comments: